Office of Research Compliance
The Office of Research Compliance (ORC)
Trust Line for Compliance Concerns (toll free) 1-888-550-8850
The Office of Research Compliance’s mission is twofold: (1) To serve as a resource for the Emory research community for regulatory analysis and interpretation, policy development, training and education, and the resolution of questions; and (2) To assist Emory research units and personnel in navigating the framework of federal, state, and local regulations in order to identify compliance issues and develop coordinated compliance efforts and strategies.
The ORC is committed to helping ensure that Emory University’s research activities comport with the highest legal and ethical standards. The Office operates as a facilitator, an educator, and as a resource center for the Emory research community. Their areas of focus include:
- Animal Research
- Compliance Consulting
- Clinical Trials Billing and Audit
- Environmental Health and Safety Office (occupational health and safety, chemical safety, biosafety, and radiation safety)
- Export Controls
- HIPAA & Research Privacy
- Human Research
- Regulated Drugs and Devices
- Research Misconduct
- Education programs and training courses on regulatory requirements, compliance obligations, and best practices.
- Responding to compliance questions.
- Pursuing concerns regarding regulatory compliance efforts of the University.